ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed. ???

David Lewis david at lewisfamily.id.au
Fri May 30 01:52:58 PDT 2014

With help from John in the US in Canada I used the following and its now
downloading:

get_iplayer --get 488  --tvmode=best

That's episode 5 of Happy Valley
Seems to be using mode=flashhd2 and resulting video file is High Def

Now I need to try some others

Looks like the problem is not to do with Geoblocking but the mode specified.
I've tried all the different modes and the only ones that work are:
--tvmode=best
--tvmode =flashhd

--tvmode=flashlow	- failed
--tvmode=flashnormal	- failed