R1's Big Weekend 2014 BBC Three TV Coverage

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu May 29 19:29:23 PDT 2014

Greetings to all :-)

 Last weekend, BBC Three provided live TV coverage
of "Radio 1's Big Weekend in Glasgow" Music Event.
There were 4 shows broadcast (and still available on iplayer)
on Saturday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/schedules/bbcthree/20140524

and another 4 ones on Sunday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/schedules/bbcthree/20140525

After performing

get_iplayer --type=tv -f --force

a simple search:

get_iplayer --type=tv "Big Weekend"

finds 36 matches, NONE of which is any of the
aforementioned BBC Three weekend broadcasts (?)
Of the 36 found, 1 is a show on the Scottish variant of
BBC Two (aired on Monday), the rest are the 35
"Highlights" - marked as "BBC Web Only" - that can be
found on this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p01zcbqc

I can download those 8 shows via the "PID" method,
so there's not any harm done (they produce the INFO:
"pid not found in tv cache"), still I find it odd they are
not populating the TV cache, as the rest of the BBC
Three programmes do...
It may be just me (I am running an older windows
install of GiP that came with Perl 5.12), but thought I
should ask in case it is a Beeb related bug...

Cheers,
Vangelis.