ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed. ???

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:29:45 PDT 2014

On 29/05/2014 03:58, David Lewis wrote:
> I get an error:    ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.

Best guess: Beeb has changed and extended its geo-blocking.  rtmpdump
cannot connect to media servers, but it all works fine from UK.  Similar
reports:

http://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/topic/unable-to-download-certain-tv-programmes/
https://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/issues/detail?id=385
https://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/issues/detail?id=383

> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --get 471 --modes flashlow1
> --attempts 1 -v

This isn't the best test since you've limited get_iplayer to a single
CDN and single recording mode.  See the other reports referenced above.