type=radio not working - just me?

Mable Syrup blackonesugar at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 25 12:55:06 PDT 2014

On Sun, 25/5/14, Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: type=radio not working - just me?
 To: "Mable Syrup" <blackonesugar at yahoo.co.uk>
 Cc: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
 Date: Sunday, 25 May, 2014, 15:05

 On 2014/05/25 13:41,
 Mable Syrup wrote:
 > (Ubuntu 10.04)
 >
 > get_iplayer
 --type=xxx works for all except radio, which returns error
 message:

 -----------------------------

 get_iplayer  --type=radio
 > get_iplayer
 2.86-2-g969bd34-ppa17, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 >   This program comes with
 ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 >   This is free software, and
 you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 >   conditions; use --conditions
 for details.

 ERROR: Programe Type '' does not exist. Try using
 --refresh

 ------------------------------

 (that's two single quotes, not a double)

 > Worked OK earlier
 today.  Since then I had to clear out  a .xsessions-errors
 which had taken up all the free space on the file system,
 and then I rebooted.  Is there likely to be any
 correlation?

 Mable

 Perhaps when
 you ran out of disk space, .get_iplayer/radio.cache
 (and/or
 some other files there) became
 corrupted..

Yep - a bit of fiddling around moving/deleting  the cache and it worked fine.  Should have tried what the error message suggested in the first place , as --refresh with the corrupted cache in situ did indeed solve the problem!.  Thanks for the pointer.