player.xml broken

Don Grunbaum don at grunbaum.co.uk
Mon May 12 12:57:46 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "dinkypumpkin" <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>
To: <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: player.xml broken

> On 12/05/2014 15:36, Don Grunbaum wrote:
>> My experience suggests that ^Genius$ does not work, but Genius
>> (without
>> the ^ and $) will work ok, although it could pick up false
>> positives. I
>> think the colon is what "upsets" the match.
>>
>> Does anyone else find the same?
>
> No metacharacters effectively means perform a substring match, which
> would always work so long as "Genius" is somewhere in the programme
> name.  "^Genius:" works if the programme name begins with "Genius:",
> which it does in this case.  That takes advantage of the fact that a
> colon is used as a separator in the metadata and thus no need to
> enter series number.  Full name with series number is always best
> for exact match.  And of course you must be searching the programme
> name, which is the default behaviour.  "^Genius:" works fine here.
> If it doesn't work for you, something else is wrong.

Thanks for your, and others', responses.

It's not "^Genius:" that doesn't work for me. As I said it's
"^Genius$" that doesn't work, probably because of the colon. I haven't
tried "^Genius:".

The web pvr generates strings starting "^" and ending "$" for a
series, but I usually want *all* series of the given programme, so I
usually edit the search string to remove the "series" part. If the
colon is omitted, the match on the "name" field fails.

That said, the downloaded programme *doesn't* have the colon in the
<name> field part of the generated filename, although it is in <name>.
I guess that is by design?

Don