player.xml broken

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon May 12 08:38:30 PDT 2014

"Don Grunbaum" <don at grunbaum.co.uk> wrote:

> My experience suggests that ^Genius$ does not work, but Genius (without
> the ^ and $) will work ok, although it could pick up false positives. I
> think the colon is what "upsets" the match.

My experience is that   ^Genius
does work, but putting the dollar sign on the end does not.  That'll be
because the string that's being tested contains lots of stuff after the
initial word "Genius".

I more often code things like

  ^Genius.*ode 3

if for example I want to find episode 3 of that programme.

If you include a colon try escaping it by typing a backslash in front of it,
eg:

  ^Genius\:

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.