player.xml broken

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:26:32 PDT 2014

On 12/05/2014 09:08, Mark Barnes wrote:
> Thanks for this suggestion. If I've understood get_iplayer correctly, that suggestion does a search. I don't really want to do that, as it can sometimes pick up false positives, particularly for programmes with short series titles such as "Heresy" or "Genius". Can it be done with a PID? (I'm also interested in knowing HOW get_iplayer might do that.)

Not with a PID.  Use regular expressions for exact matches: "^Heresy$"
or "^Genius$".  For a few programmes like Classic Serial that appear on
more than one channel, you may want to use --channel to filter results.
That could be another use for regular expressions: --channel="Radio 4$"
vs --channel="Radio 4 Extra".  If you don't know how regular expressions
work, Google is your friend.