Incomplete Downloads

Timothy tmthywynn8 at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 13:20:25 EDT 2014

Chris J Brady: ... it would also be useful if get_iplayer exposed the true URL
to a file so that if a download had problems - such as with a large MP4 file
over a less than reliable Internet connection - then Orbit could be used to cap
the file instead.

You can use the --verbose parameter, which will output the command sent to
RTMPDump as well as a deluge of other information.

Chris J Brady: As I said Orbit is restartable. get_iplayer and RTDump are not.

RTMPDump is definitely resumable, hence the --resume parameter. For me
personally, RTMPDump handles resumes gracefully 99% of the time. I've no idea
why get_iPlayer loops at times when attempting to resume downloads, or thinks
certain programs completed downloading while in actually it really hasn't, but
regardless, it happens quite rarely for me, so I couldn't really report a
surefire way of reproducing. Plus, most of the time when it loops, it was a user
error (usually when I rename files I think).

Timothy