Incompleate downloads creating mp4

Dave Widgery widgery.david at orange.fr
Tue Mar 25 18:10:34 EDT 2014

Hi, I have a fairly slow and sometimes unreliable internet connection (hence
I use get_iplayer rather than trying to stream video) sometimes if a
download fails I get a xxx.partial.mp4.flv file left, that is a little
annoying but I just try and re-download, sometimes it will continue,
sometimes I have to delete the xxx.partial.mp4.flv file (such is life with
my connection).

But what I do find more than a bit annoying is when a download has failed
but get_iplayer has converted what it has downloaded into a mp4 file,
especially when I have watched 1 ½ hours of a film and the last 10 minutes
is missing! This is made worse when it is a week after I recorded the
program and it is no longer available.

Can anyone suggest a way getting get_iplayer to automatically flag a file
when it has had excessive download errors or has produced an incomplete
output file? Then I can schedule the file to be downloaded again.

I am using the latest get_iplayer for windows.
I appreciate that the main problem is my connection, but any ideas on a
workaround would be gratefully received.

Dave