Modes=best?

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sat Mar 22 16:10:08 EDT 2014

On 22 Mar 2014 at 15:41, Arthur Dent Arthur Dent
<misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > If you tell get_iplayer to rename the downloaded program file according to
> > its attributes this can be clearer.  For example I use:
> >
> >  get_iplayer --type=tv --fatfilename --whitespace --file-prefix "T=<name>
> > L=<lastbcastdate>" --no-tag --get "the program name"
> >
> > which results in a filename with the program name, series & episode numbers,
> > plain episode number, MODE, duration (in seconds), and the first & last
> > broadcast dates in it.
>
> Wow - that's really useful! I have just put that in my prefs. I am just
> starting to use Plex, so this will save me the pain of renaming each
> file by hand!

Plex on a NowTV box?

Finally got that working today. I ignored the Movies and TV library options
and set Home Videos (or whatever it is) for ..\my documents\my videos\
which means Plex doesn't attempt to do any "clever" recognition of each
file. Hence file names don't need to comply with Plex naming rules.

Cheers,

Peter

15GB + 5GB bonus Free cloud storage, no credit card details required:
https://copy.com?r=VnqHxA - 5GB bonus for both for using referal link

Cloud storage space and app provided by https://www.barracuda.com
Files are stored on Barracuda's own servers, not amazon/aws or other third
party as most including dropbox use