Modes=best?

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 06:39:31 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 09:58 +0100, SquarePenguin wrote:
> On 2014-03-22 9:30 AM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> > Using modes=best I still only get the non-HD version.
> >
> > Have I missed a trick somewhere?
>
> As far as I can see, the update to the modes functionality was centered
> on the 'default' behaviour. --modes=best should have still been
> downloading the 'best' quality regardless of the installation version.
>
> You could re-run the command with --modes=flashhd to see if you can
> manually download the HD version, just make sure that there is an HD
> version of course!
>
> If it doesn't, here could be lots of other things going on and maybe a
> full uninstall/reinstall would be the simplest rather than bug chase,
> and then go from there if there is still an issue.

Actually I had already tried that and still got the default version. It
now occurs to me however that whenever I do a search I no longer see
"flashhd" listed for any programme. This, for example,  is what I get
for "Silk":

$ get_iplayer silk
get_iplayer v2.85, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1016:	Silk: Series 3 - Episode 1, BBC One, Audio Described,Drama,Legal & Courtroom,Sign Zone,TV, default,audiodescribed,signed
1017:	Silk: Series 3 - Episode 2, BBC One, Audio Described,Drama,Legal & Courtroom,Sign Zone,TV, default,audiodescribed,signed
1018:	Silk: Series 3 - Episode 3, BBC One, Audio Described,Drama,Guidance,Legal & Courtroom,Sign Zone,TV, default,audiodescribed,signed
1019:	Silk: Series 3 - Episode 4, BBC One, Audio Described,Drama,Guidance,Legal & Courtroom,TV, default,audiodescribed

INFO: 4 Matching Programmes