War Walks - Green Line

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 09:05:24 EDT 2014

"Peter S Kirk" <peter.kirk at isauk.biz> wrote:

> Very strange, you gave a horizontal line online and I have a vertical line
> in the downloaded .flv   Yet it appears OK in iPlayer on both PCs I have
> tried it on.

The files fetched by get_iplayer, and those streamed by the online thing are
not necessarily the exact same files coming from the exact same servers
though.

If you try using get_iplayer and fetching several different qualities of
file, using --modes= as appropriate and --force to force multiple fetches of
the same programme, do they all show the green lines?

If you use --verbose to get more output from get_iplayer you may also see
which CDN is supplying which file; for a given quality eg flashhigh there's
often (always?) more than one source denoted eg flashhigh1 and flashhigh2,
and one can select a specific one using a modes setting that includes the
trailing digit of choice.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.