Problem with thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:51:51 EDT 2014

On 18/03/2014 12:25, Chris Marriott wrote:
> I wouldn't be too sure it's anything you've done. Most of the thumbnails
> - for BBC1 especially - have been a blank grey rectangle for the last
> week on the BBC iPlayer website itself.

The grey rectangles definitely weren't my doing.  The iPlayer site
thumbnails point to the same URLs used in get_iplayer by default, so
that one is on the Beeb.  Presumably their image generation service has
a problem, but it might be some sort of backend change that went wrong.
  Whatever the case, I'll probably amend get_iplayer to explicitly set a
default value for --thumbsize in order to avoid similar problems in the
future.  Using --thumbsizecache is no good in this case.  I'm blaming
Windows for the AtomicParsley error since the same code works as
expected on Linux and OSX, but I'll still have to work around it.