Time Outs

Nicholas Youell nik.youell at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 24 11:54:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have get_iplayer V 2.86 running on Linux (Fedora 19). I went to down
load the British Open Golf TV show for day 1. It is pretty large as a
file > 9Gb.

I used get_iplayer --type=tv | grep -i "Open" and got the PID number, in
this case 486. I then used get_iplayer -g 486. It downloads just fine
till I get to 68.8% (about 5.2GB) then times out. I tried 3 times and it
always seems to stop at this point.

Now I am on BT Infinity 2 and I on the third attempt I monitored my line
it does not blip there are no hits on the incoming line and my ethernet
stats on my NIC don't show any errors.

Does anyone know or has experienced an issue when trying to download
really large files off the BBC? I have an idea that RMTP somehow loses
connection with the server... Any hints appreciated.

Nik.