BBC Website problems causing difficulties to get_iplayer

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 09:12:31 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: spam.mc
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:04 PM
To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: BBC Website problems causing difficulties to get_iplayer

>BBC News website was giving me "500" errors earlier, so it's not just
>iPlayer that's been affected.

There's a notice on the site that currently says:

BBC iPlayer – Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 July

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties affecting certain parts
of BBC Online which are resulting in error messages and slow response times
for the BBC iPlayer service across a range of platforms and devices.

This is under urgent investigation and we will update this FAQ once we have
more information.

*** Update 20 July ***

Intermittent technical issues are still affecting BBC Online. These are
under investigation.

Chris