Web PVR stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:10:22 PDT 2014

On 15/07/2014 16:33, list100 at masbelair.com wrote:
> In case anyone has a similar issue in future I got to the bottom of it:
> it was Trusteer Rapport causing the problems. Uninstalled Rapport and
> everything went back to normal.

Somebody flagged up a similar problem to me some time ago.  In that
case, Rapport slowed down the web pvr tremendously, but it didn't freeze
it entirely.  I found that stopping the Rapport management service
itself - not just stopping the Rapport "protection" - would fix things.
  No need for a complete uninstall.  It sounds like Rapport was even
naughtier in your case, though.

It's impossible to diagnose these sorts of problems because we'll never
know what the user installed on his machine and when.  It is *very*
unlikely that get_iplayer is at fault if you can't connect with your
browser (assuming the web pvr service is running).  It will almost
certainly be caused by am anti-virus or similar package interfering with
things.