HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet

get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Fri Jul 11 08:20:03 PDT 2014

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:35:04 +0100
dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> rtmpdump is throwing that data away, as you can see because the
> output file isn't growing.  You cannot recover from such errors.
> Kill get_iplayer, kill rtmpdump, delete partial download, start over.

Is there a hack to workaround this? I've done the above many times,
deleting a partial, but I've also tried chopping a bit off the end of
the download and attempting to resume from that (probably used dd to
copy a couple of meg less than the partial download's size). IIRC
rtmpdump was upset the partial file was the wrong size or didn't align
with the progress through the stream, and I didn't look into things any
further.

I don't have lots of bandwidth at home, I'm on a phone with an older
radio (280-300k max) and sometimes Three's fair use system is unfair,
there's weather, reception/phone placement.... I'm interested in being
able to sometimes rescue a download even if it is a bit of a ball-ache.
It's sod's law that a programme I would like to watch whilst it
downloads fails whilst the mobile network is being mean with data.

Cheers
Nick