HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 02:13:37 PDT 2014

Nick Payne wrote:
> but if I run iotop in another terminal, I
> can see that rtmpdump is running and is still downloading
> something...but not to the specified output folder.

Are you certain it's actually downloading and not just simply still
running? I don't have a linux install so see exactly how this works but
are you certain that it's not only 'active' but also actively
downloading content?

I think I remember reading that rtmpdump continues to try to connect
after it's lost the stream so it's possible it still shows up.

If I press Ctrl+C to
> terminate the download and force flashhd2 download by changing
> --tvmode=best to --tvmode=flashhd2, then the download proceeds normally
> and completes successfully without any errors indicated.

Is this not a continuation of the issue you previously posted about?

If, as previously, you have problems connecting to the CDN providing the
flashhd1 stream then it stands to reason that sometimes it won't just go
slowly but completely fail.