Starting get_iplayer quickly

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 05:35:36 PDT 2014

On 04/07/2014 13:12, Grant Ballard-Tremeer wrote:
> For me, this also started happening in Chrome a few months ago. I
> switched to Firefox for get_iplayer and now can see progress exactly
> as I used to be able to. Something changed (in Chrome?) that causes it
> to wait for the page to complete before displaying it.

This is a known issue:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/wpmchrome

It has come up on this list before as well.  As Grant says, it only
affects Chrome. If anyone knows of a solution, chime in.

Bottom line: Do not use Chrome with the web pvr, on any platform.  You
can use the IE Tab extension on Windows, but you might as well just use
Internet Explorer.