Starting get_iplayer quickly

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 04:05:42 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: get_iplayer [mailto:get_iplayer-bounces at lists.infradead.org] On Behalf
Of Don Grunbaum
Sent: 04 July 2014 10:05
To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Starting get_iplayer quickly

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-717-1197" <faunt at panix.com>
To: <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2014 12:40 AM
Subject: Starting get_iplayer quickly

> Hi all,
> I'm using the browser interface, and the problem is that the "run"
> window doesn't actually start downloadung immediately, in fact it
> sometimes seems it just waits until the middle of the night.
> But I'm now in a situation where I'm using a tehered mobile phone
> for my access and have limited connect time.
> Is there a way to kick-start the downloads?
> 73, doug
>

>I think you will find that the download is actually running, but the
>run window is not "refreshed" until the download(s) is/are complete.
>This started happening about 6 months or so ago, reason I know not
>why.

>HTH

>Don

I can confirm this. I use Netbalancer to throttle downloads and it shows
rtmpdump.exe running as a process at the download speed I have specified
even though the Browser PVR interface doesn't show any activity until
download is completed. As mentioned before, this started a few months ago
which is a pity in my opinion.

Regards
Simon Morgan