Downloading radio programmes from the BBC radio archive collections

Michael Mayne micbiz42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 06:38:56 EST 2014

OK thanks for the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: batguano999 [mailto:batguano999 at zoho.com]
Sent: 19 January 2014 11:36
To: Michael Mayne
Cc: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
Subject: RE: Downloading radio programmes from the BBC radio archive collections

>Is there a way to generate an MP4 when downloading?

No, not for this type of archive video clip.
They use "Sorenson Spark" video codec, it's not suitable for mp4 files.
(You would need to convert the avi file to mp4 using an external program).

>The radio is an MP3 as I have --aactomp3 in my preferences so that's OK.

This type of archive audio clip already uses mp3 codec, get_iplayer will ignore the --aactomp3 preference.
(No need to convert from mp3 to mp3).