Refresh Cache or Run PVM not displaying in window ...

Chris J Brady chrisjbrady at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 09:35:38 EST 2014

Thanks to everone for suggesting what might be happening.

Hmm - however the mystery is partly solved.

I have an Acer Aspire One 532 with Windows 7 Starter.

I use the latest Chrome as the default browser.

get_iplayer automatically opens it with http://localhost:1935/

However when I do Refresh Cache or Run PVM a new window is opened but only the option headings at the top are displayed and nothing else. But I have now discovered that if I wait long enough the whole screen suddenly displays the completed session. It appears that the window is not updated with the progress of the downloading etc. until the very end of the processing.

Chrome has only been doing this the last week or so. I have the latest get_iplayer too. "get_iplayer Web PVR Manager v2.85, ©2009-2010 Phil Lewis - Licensed under GPLv3"

So I then pasted http://localhost:1935/ into I.E. - and all worked perfectly. The progress of all downloadeds etc. could be followed as they happened - as usual.

So it appears that this is a Chrome issue. But why has this started to happen after years of successful use? Has there been a recent tweak to get_iplayer?

Chris B.