Any way to capture parameters sent to RTMPDump by get_iplayer?

Timothy tmthywynn8 at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 03:12:54 EST 2014

Hello,
Are there any commands within get_iplayer to output the parameters sent to RTMPDump to a file or on screen? What I mean is if you
ran rtmpsrv or rtmpsuck, it autogenerates a command.bat file (at least in Windows) when it starts downloading a stream.

I would like this ability, or at least a way to copy the parameters sent to rtmpdump, for a few reasons.
1. Sometimes a download fails and I'd like the ability to start rtmpdump directly from a batch file or something similar without
having to go through get_iplayer.
2. There are times when I switch internet connections or have to stop the download, and would like an easy way to get at the already
retrieved information used for downloading with rtmpdump.
3. I sometimes am connected to a VPN which doesn't allow me to transfer rtmp streams, so I might accidentally break my download for
one reason or another.
4. Sometimes I want to be able to get the downloading information from one connection, but use another faster connection to download
(I.E. going from one house to another). Yes, I know there's a two-hour time limit before said links expire.

I don't think there are any current ways to do this, but if there are, it'd be really great. Thank you for taking the time to read
this message.

Have a great week,
Timothy