BBC live streaming stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 15:11:24 EST 2014

On 21/02/2014 19:55, JCA wrote:
> Port 1935 is not blocked outgoing, but it is incoming. I guess I could
> try and unblock it and forward it to some test box. At any rate, the
> test in the URL that you supplied succeeds on all the RTMP and RTMPT
> ports for my system. Like I said, maybe this is necessary but not
> sufficient.

Don't unblock it incoming - not necessary.  So Unblock-Us doesn't appear
to prevent you from connecting.  I guess it makes sense given they are
not a full VPN, but worth checking to make sure their DNS trickery
wasn't causing a problem.  If you were geo-blocked, you would likely see
a more obvious error from rtmpdump.  Live streaming often fails even in
the UK, so your problem may just be a garden variety issue with rtmpdump
not being to start the stream.  Run with --verbose to see if some more
useful info appears in the output.