BBC live streaming stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 14:51:09 EST 2014

On 21/02/2014 19:39, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 21/02/2014 19:06, JCA wrote:
>> Now you say 'No port 1935, no get_iplayer'. Do you mean to say that
>> this port has to be open and correctly forwarded in my router as a
>> necessary (but maybe not sufficient) condition for get_iplayer to work
>> under Unblock-Us?
>
> If you know you've blocked that port on your router, then yes, you need
> to open it in order to use the test page.

I should also add that even if the test page indicates that your machine
can make outbound connections on port 1935, it doesn't mean that
get_iplayer will work.  Unblock-Us isn't a full VPN, and I doubt they
support the services get_iplayer accesses.  It's highly likely they
would only support the BBC website.