Creating divx encoded files

batguano999 batguano999 at zoho.com
Thu Feb 20 13:53:02 EST 2014

>- Downloaded a short program to test this and ended up with a .avi file
>
>All good so far, but when I try to play it, I get the audio but no
>video. I've tried several media players that I have installed but they
>are all the same.

Hi
Even though you have created an avi file, it still contains the original AVC video and AAC audio tracks.
It will play OK in VLC and SMPlayer media players (because they are very tolerant).
And these players...DivX player, Windows Media Player and Windows Media Player Classic might be too picky.

Also, as others have previously said, the AVC/AAC avi files might not play nice with TV sets etc.