Jon Daives' get-iplayer and radio

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 12:52:03 EST 2014

first, it's not Jon Davies' get_iplayer ;-)  There are others who
did/do the /real/ work of writing and maintaining it, I just package
it for ubuntu and raspberry pis (though the latter is stuck since my
pi died a couple of weeks ago).

On 20 February 2014 14:59, Adrian Hicks <mail at adrian-hicks.co.uk> wrote:
> ...I've been trying to rip some R4 programs this morning though
> nothing seems to be working.
>
> The link to what I am trying to rip is
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03srqzk is this the new unsupported
> format?

I'd suggest you make things less complicated for yourself - if you
select either by programme name (Nature in this case) or by pid
(b03srqzk in this case) it all works fine.

$ get_iplayer --type radio Nature --get
...downloads all the episodes of Nature, or

$ get_iplayer --type radio --pid b03srqzk
...downloads this specific episode.

or just use the web_pvr interface and pick the programmes from there.

> As an aside, I often get failure at either encoding or copying temp
> file stages, is this common or just down to me using a vm [1GHz, 2Gb
> RAM]

there's no reason to get failures at this stage - some people have had
trouble when using NAS drives rather than local storage.  To diagnose
this we'd need to know what version you're using, on what operating
system, and see the output showing the failure.

cheers
jon