Remuxing m4a radio files for digital audio player

Ben Shepherd bjashepherd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 08:25:28 EST 2014

On 20 February 2014 12:39, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry - I meant to ask for a non-working file.  I fired up the simulator and ran a few radio programmes through MPBox, and I can't see any difference with/without MP4Box.  Both versions are seekable in the simulator.  Maybe the simulation isn't exact.

I can reproduce the problem on the latest simulator build, using these
two files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uxs873yww286kv/2014-02-20%20Shipping%20Forecast%2020_02_2014.m4a
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9ne5ui0vojs2wg/2014-02-20%20MP4Boxed%20Shipping%20Forecast%2020_02_2014.m4a

The first is 'as-is' from GIP, the second has been passed through
MP4Box (version 0.5.1-DEV-rev5081) with the -ipod switch. It's
possible to seek using both, but the first one always goes to the
start if you seek anywhere in the first minute or so (and likewise for
the second minute, and so on).