Remuxing m4a radio files for digital audio player

Ben Shepherd bjashepherd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 15:26:05 EST 2014

On 19 February 2014 16:54, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Try --ffmpeg-radio-opts="-movflags faststart" with get_iplayer.  If that
>> doesn't work, use --command to automatically run MPBox on the file after
>> download.

> One other thing occurred to me: I think that normally AtomicParsley will
> relocate the moov atom, but perhaps your device doesn't like it.  If the
> above doesn't work, run another test with --no-tag added so that AP doesn't
> touch the file.

I tried the ffmpeg-radio-opts and the no-tag flags, neither of which
made any difference to the seeking on playback thing. (It's possible
to test this without a device to hand - there is a simulator Rockbox
Clip+ build available at
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/sansaclipplus-sim-w32.zip.)

I'll go back to running the file through MP4Box as I was doing
originally. Thanks for your help!

Ben