Creating divx encoded files

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 09:43:09 EST 2014

On 19/02/2014 08:21, Mark Evans wrote:
> I have found --ffmpeg-tv-opts "-c:v mpeg4" will produce MPEG4 encoded files
> rather than AVC encoded files that seem to work better with my services. I
> also found you can convert mp4 to avi by using "ffmpeg -I test.mp4 test.avi"

get_iplayer HEAD now sports a --avi option to re-mux video to AVI
container.  We already did it for MKV, so why not? See Git HEAD section in:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

To produce DivX you still need to use --ffmpeg-tv-opts to re-encode the
streams.  Some old kit that uses DivX-on-a-stick may not support AAC
audio, so you may need to convert audio to MP3 as well.