Winter Olympics live stream recording

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:27:10 EST 2014

On 12/02/2014 16:29, Paul Phillips wrote:
> Method 2 is a bit more work for you upfront at the start but I'd say it has
> an 80% success rate. The only failures I get with this approach are when
> the stream croaks due to internet connection (I assume) and it dumps early
> missing the end.
> - this is a special "olympics" branch version of get_iplayer with
> playlistURLs picked out of
> Firefox web console or similar.  instructions here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/msg05225.html

A tip for using Method 2 above: Add <mode> to --fileprefix.  With that
addition, if rtmpdump fails and get_iplayer rolls over to a
lower-quality stream, it will generate a new file and rtmpdump shouldn't
get hung up trying to resume a download, which will most likely fail.
To add <mode> to the default file prefix: