Winter Olympics live stream recording

Paul Phillips paulphillipsdidsbury at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:55:53 EST 2014

They definitely started recording - I took a copy of the recording
file and checked the output before I let it continue running. And it
was recoding a large file - gb's worth, which just disappered. Instead
and in its place I have one of those little clips (BBC guide to Ski
jumoping ) time stamped much later than when I started the recordings.
It's as if I recorded the stream, then it went on to record a little
clip which overwrote it.  Looking at the timestamp on the clip, it
must have happened when the stream stopped, because I wasn't actually
in the house when it made the recording.

I think the latest Git Head is picking up the live stream from the
player page but something wierd is happening at the end when the
stream finishes.  That's my hunch.  The player pages seem to have
things feeding into them - eg the main channel sometimes feeds into
them. It's as if they are channels in their own right with different
feeds going into them

The other mod you did - the get_iplayer-olympic.pl is working fine
still (if I use Web console to get the real stream link)

On 11 February 2014 19:32, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/02/2014 18:01, Paul Phillips wrote:
>>
>> I've had three recordings fail using Head, I've seen them put the
>> stream down, copied them and checked they are recording. But when the
>> streams end the file disappears. This is an example, any idea whats
>> going on?
>

> Judging from your log, you never really started recording.  It could have
> been bad connections, though more likely problems at the server. It looks
> like every stream failed, so you would have downloaded virtually nothing.
> When get_iplayer finds that an attempt produced <100KiB output, it presumes
> failure and deletes the file.

Paul Phillips