Seeking advice on transfer to new computer

roadcone roadcone at gmx.com
Sat Dec 27 12:48:21 PST 2014

I am pensioning off my Linux Mint 11 machine for a slightly newer
machine onto which I will install Mint 17. I'd like to retain my
download history - is it as simple as copying a single file or group of
files from one computer to another? If so, which file(s) and where will
it/they be found please? I have found problems copying the
get_iplayer.pl script into the appropriate place in Linux as I did not
own the folder and was not sure how to overcome that problem (I
discovered how to take ownership but did not know whether that action
would have consequences to the running of get_iplayer or dependency
programs). I resolved that problem another way but will a similar issue
occur here please?

Regards

Clive