A curious feature of GitHead Win version 01/12

Anthony Whitehouse twhiteh at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 1 16:39:55 PST 2014

Having just implemented the 01/12/2014 version of get_iplayer.pl for Windows
from Git Head, I notice that rogue carriage returns are appearing in the
description field within 'the cmd run window', the 'associated generic .xml
file' and in the 'download history file'.  The latter may be the most
concerning.

The problem goes away when I revert to release 2.90 of the .pl file. I am
running command line  pvr under Win XP.

Any thoughts?  Anthony

---