AOD availability time frame

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Aug 6 09:54:30 PDT 2014

Greetings all :-) !

As Chris has mentioned in a July thread
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-July/005952.html) :

> I notice that the time for listening on iPlayer has now been extended to 4
> weeks.

When I first read this, I thought it was a universal rule,
applying to all radio content from the beeb...
 I am mainly interested in Radio1 & Radio 2 music shows, so
forgive me if the situation is different for speech oriented content
(e.g. Radio 4 & 4Xtra), but has this decision been REVOKED
or REVISED in any way?
 Take for instance the following radio shows:

1) The Official Chart (Radio 1):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkgn/episodes/player

2) The Official Chart Update (Radio 1):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rl3xp/episodes/player

3) Pick of the Pops (Radio 2):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqx7/episodes/player

 As you are able to see, shows from the previous week and from
over a forthnight ago have been made available for the stated 4 weeks,
however the recent shows have fallen back to the previous state of
being available for only 7 days after initial broadcast (???) ( :-{ )
 I am about to leave come next week for 10 days to a place without
internet access, so at first I thought I could catch up on my missed
radio content when back thanks to this extended availability period;
however the issue I bring up ruins it for me...
 Does any of you have more info on this?

Many thanks,
Vangelis.