[get_iplayer] How to work around installer failing to download component?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 01:09:00 PDT 2014

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/ was offline for some time this morning, so
the installer kept failing to get the ffmpeg component. Not
get_iplayers fault of course, but instead I downloaded
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/general/download_splash.cfm/ffmpeg_64-bit
which gave me
ffmpeg-20140412-git-513a431-win64-static7z.exe
but I couldn't for the life of my work out how to "point" get_iplayer to it.

Of course, after an hour of fiddling, the site came back up and I
managed to install the get_iplayer 2.86 update OK.

But I was wondering if there's a way to get round this if it happens
with other components?
Of could the installer perhaps have a second "failover mirror" list
for the components?

Anyway, thanks for the update.