Have the beeb's files changed?

Lorenzo Martinelli * lnzlists at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:17:57 EDT 2013

On 16/09/2013 20:35, roadcone wrote:
> On 16/09/13 20:20, Lorenzo* wrote:
>> My Sony television can only play up to a specific set of
>> resolution/framerate values of AVI files.
>>

> Thing is Lorenzo, I have been playing vhigh and hd for over 12 months
> with no problems. I've just d/l Sounds of the Cinema in vhigh and that
> plays fine. Same computer, same version of get_iplayer, same memory
> stick, same TV. Very odd.

Ah well... In that case, I don't know.

But if, as Dinkypumpkin tentatively confirmed, the files have indeed
slightly changed, it might be that the changes are not to your Sony's
liking.

Have you tried using something like Mediainfo
http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo to see what the differences are
between the working and non-working files?

Cheers