How to terminate a downloading task when rtmpdump.exe is still on?

general t-64 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 03:56:41 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

Short description: During a downloading session, get_iplayer, after
calling rtmpdump.exe, can not response to user input like Ctrl+c to
terminate the program. It happens also when ffmpeg is being called to
convert a downloaded flv file. Normally ffmpeg can be terminated by
Ctrl+c when it is called in cmd.exe. So I guess the application response
priority has been changed in get_iplayer script written in perl.

How can I terminate rtmpdump.exe when it is still on?

Long description:
Due to my slow and unreliable  internet, sometimes an unfinished task
has to be resumed. The rtmpdump.exe can not response at all during
normal downloading state unless when it stops and  resumes the task by
itself, pressing Ctrl+c just at that moment can terminate the current
task. After that, it is always successful to resume the unfinished task
by get_iplayer.

However, rtmpdump.exe may not stop a task on a very bad internet
connection, instead it prints repeatedly some unhopeful information like:
   WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet

Under such situation rtmpdump.exe can not response at all. It has to be
killed, but unfortunately when it is called again by get_iplayer, it can
not resume but prints:
     ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero
(prevTagSize=1978859951) and smaller then filesize, corrupt file!

I have to use a php script "flvfixer" to recover the corrupted file so
the file can be downloaded again.

Thanks a lot,
Zhe