Incomplete list of tv programmes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:19:19 EDT 2013

On 28/10/2013 23:01, Claves do Amaral wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=david%20attenborough
>
> you will see that the number of results obtained is 33, with the name
> Attenborough on the name or description. However from get-iplayer I am
> getting the following
>
> pi at raspberrypi ~ $ get-iplayer
> --fields=index,type,name,pid,available,episode,seriesnum,episodenum,versions,duration,desc,channel,categories,thumbnail,timeadded,guidance,web
> Attenborough
> INFO: 14 Matching Programmes

get_iplayer does not scrape the iPlayer site for listings.  With a
couple of exceptions for news and sports, it only pulls listing feeds
for individual channels, including pseudo-channels like "Web Only" and
"Highlights".  Occasionally, some archive programmes such these are not
assigned to a channel and thus do not appear in the listing feeds.  You
can still download them using PIDs or URLs.