BBC Metadata and TV and Radio Mode Shortcuts

Martin Campbell martin at placefarm.com
Sun Oct 6 08:16:36 EDT 2013

I rely mainly on the TV and Radio mode shortcuts "good", "better" and
"best".
But, a little while ago, I hit a small snag with this, due to incorrect
BBC metadata.
Programme Name="6 Music at Latitude", Episode="2013: 1. Kraftwerk at
Latitude 2013" had Type="radio" but Mode="flashvhigh"
Presumably it also had Mode="flashhigh" and Mode="flashstd" too.
I managed to record it by manually adding the missing TV modes after
"best" in a comma-separated list
Is it worth having these shortcut modes fall back to their equivalent
modes in the other type, just in case such a BBC metadata error happens
again?
Martin