Default options and PVR

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:56:22 EDT 2013

On 02/10/2013 17:23, Simon Morgan wrote:
> Thanks for info. It is a pity as it means I will have to edit the tag so I
> get a full(er) title plus Episode number. Never mind, Get_iPlayer is so
> useful to me that this is a small price to pay.

Some programmes will contain "Episode 1" or similar, but others, like
your gardening show, get their episode numbers from elsewhere in the
metadata.  Which leads me the larger question: What media manager are
you using that can't sort episodes by number within a series?  Not every
programme will have an episode number, but many will.  Those that don't
often use dates for episode titles, so it's easy enough to enter your
own episode numbers.  Since the dates are in dd/mm/yyyy format they
won't sort properly by title, either.

--tag-fulltitle was only put in for backwards compatibility because some
people liked the old tagging scheme.  Feel free to add another option
that does what you want.

> I use Tubedigger for downloading ITV and other non-BBC programmes which
> gives no tag data at all - it could do with your magic touch.

There is no way a general-purpose downloader could deal with all the
different metadata formats, web scraping, etc. required to do tagging.
Besides, I prefer my downloaders to be mildly cryptic, CLI-only, and
written in a language that looks like an explosion in a typewriter
factory :}