Default options and PVR

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 08:58:08 EDT 2013

> > ------------------------------
>
> A couple of points, I think the "default" mode option was changed in
> the Web PVR a month or so ago. I have now set the recording mode as
> "good" and click on "Save as Default". Now "good" has become my default
> mode and is present whenever I start Get_iPlayer Web PVR. When I want
> to override this, for example if I want an HD recording, I set mode to
> "best" and "Apply Settings" which is only applicable to this session
> reverting to my default of "good" when I next run Web PVR. The options
> file settings for mode are always overridden by the Web PVR settings.
>
> However you are not alone in not fully understanding these things. I
> wanted to have an option "--tag-fulltitle" set so that the Episode
> title contained more information than just "1.<first episode>" for
> example rather than "<Series name> 1. <first episode>" as my media
> library index was very confusing without this additional information.
>
> In the CLI I used "--prefs-add --tag-fulltitle" then checked the
> "option" file to ensure it had been added (it had). I had believed that
> this option would be used by the Web PVR as it wasn't in conflict with
> anything set by the Web PVR. Unfortunately this option doesn't seem to
> get picked up and my recordings still have to be manually re-tagged (I
> use MP3TAG which works very well).
>
> Such is life - so much to learn, too little time .....
>
> Simon Morgan

I think I have to retract my previous comments about "--tag-fulltitle" not
functioning when using Web PVR. Rechecking and re-running a few examples I
find that the Title tag identified by my tagging program MP3TAG does now
contain the fulltitle I want - almost!

Without the option "--tag-fulltitle" set, the resultant download title is
effectively the Episode title as shown in the Web PVR. In the example of the
BBC programme, "Garden in Snowdonia", the Episode title (which becomes the
downloaded file title) is "1. Bodnant Rising". After setting the tag in my
options, the downloaded file title is now "Garden in Snowdonia: Bodnant
Rising". Note the absence of the Episode number. This is a pity because the
actual episode number is a useful item of information when a series is
indexed in my media player so I can playback in the correct order.

Is the "Fulltitle" tag wholly a function of the BBC's output or is it
generated by Get_iPlayer? If it is the latter, then would it be possible to
include the Episode number in the Fulltitle?

I hope this makes sense to someone.

Simon Morgan