Problem running get_iplayer web under Windows 8.1

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Nov 12 18:56:04 EST 2013

On Mon Nov 4 07:56:43 GMT 2013, Shevek wrote:

>This is due to a new security lockdown in IE11.
>To make IE load 127.0.0.1 then you need to switch off the "Enable
>Enhanced Protected mode" setting in IE.
>
>See
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17415111/127-0-0-1-will-not-work-in-ie-11
>
>However, I wouldn't recommend doing so as that has other security
>implications.

 And it now seems that MS themselves have chosen to disable this very
setting by pushing
an update included in today's (Tue 12 Nov 2013)  "Patch Tuesday" event, see
more at:

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-updates-ie11-to-disable-enhanced-protected-mode-by-default

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2907803

?????