Couple of problems since Wheezy stable install

Jake Tucker tucker.jake333 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:40:04 EDT 2013

I've just read the post made by dinkypumpkin about the GNOME keyring
daemon running in MATE alongside the MATE equivalent and masking it. I
did solve the whole thing earlier using another method.
After the netinstall of Debian, and adding myself to the sudoers list
with visudo, I installed the nvidia driver followed by MATE followed
by using Clonezilla to make an image of the whole hard drive in that
state. After my email from earlier today I used the image to take my
PC back to that point. Once that was done I selected get_iplayer from
the Debian repos and also selected all the recommended and suggested
software and installed the lot.
Next I entered the following into a terminal - get_iplayer --force
--type=radio --aactomp3 --pid=b01sbjs0
Here's the terminal output below. Basically despite some warnings it
worked. Thanks again dinkypumpkin and Mark.
Almost forgot - could somebody tell me (or link me with instructions)
how to reply to a reply on this list. I can only work out how to reply
to my original post at the moment (by entering the subject 'Couple of
problems since Wheezy stable install'). I did read that I need to use
indentations when quoting in a reply - just not how to post it so it
appears correctly amongst the message listing.

jaketucker at debian:~$ get_iplayer --force --type=radio --aactomp3 --pid=b01sbjs0
get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b01sbjs0 using type: radio
INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid not found in radio cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,flashaaclow2 modes will be tried for
version default
INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: The Common Sense of
Science - The Common Sense of Science
INFO: File name prefix =
The_Common_Sense_of_Science_-_The_Common_Sense_of_Science_b01sbjs0_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
/home/jaketucker/.cache/keyring-6M2B9A/pkcs11: No such file or
directory
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              1260.05
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       44100.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: tags:
INFO:   ©alb                 The Common Sense of Science
INFO:   aART                  BBC Radio 4 Extra
INFO:   ©ART                 BBC Radio 4 Extra
INFO:   ©cmt                 In 1948, mathematician Dr Jacob Bronowski
considered science's future role.
INFO:   cprt                  British Broadcasting Corporation © 2013,
all rights reserved.
INFO:   ©gen                 Podcast
INFO:   ©nam                 The Common Sense of Science 06 05 2013
INFO:   ©day                 2013
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                55568384.00
INFO:   timescale             44100.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
20589.900 kB / 1260.03 sec (99.9%)
Download complete
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
/home/jaketucker/.cache/keyring-6M2B9A/pkcs11: No such file or
directory
ffmpeg version 0.8.6-6:0.8.6-1, Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the Libav developers
  built on Mar 24 2013 07:20:17 with gcc 4.7.2
*** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
This program is only provided for compatibility and will be removed in
a future release. Please use avconv instead.
[flv @ 0x8fe4c60] max_analyze_duration reached
[flv @ 0x8fe4c60] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, flv, from
'/home/jaketucker/The_Common_Sense_of_Science_-_The_Common_Sense_of_Science_b01sbjs0_default.partial.mp3.flv':
  Metadata:
    moovPosition    : 36
    aacaot          : 2
    audiochannels   : 2
  Duration: 00:21:00.05, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16
Output #0, mp3, to
'/home/jaketucker/The_Common_Sense_of_Science_-_The_Common_Sense_of_Science_b01sbjs0_default.partial.mp3':
  Metadata:
    moovPosition    : 36
    aacaot          : 2
    audiochannels   : 2
    TSSE            : Lavf53.21.1
    Stream #0.0: Audio: libmp3lame, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Press ctrl-c to stop encoding
size=   19689kB time=1260.09 bitrate= 128.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:19689kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.001047%
INFO: Recorded /home/jaketucker/The_Common_Sense_of_Science_-_The_Common_Sense_of_Science_b01sbjs0_default.mp3

INFO: Downloaded Thumbnail to
'/home/jaketucker/The_Common_Sense_of_Science_-_The_Common_Sense_of_Science_b01sbjs0_default.jpg'
INFO: ID3 BASIC tagging MP3 file