get-iplayer on Ubuntu Raring

Andy Stevens insomniacpenguin at googlemail.com
Wed May 1 02:25:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 24 April 2013 23:52, Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk> wrote:
> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer-testing
> or
> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer

I added the repository in the Ubuntu Software Centre app via Edit ->
Software Sources -> Other Software -> Add and entering the ppa: URL.
I assume thst worked as it got converted into two entries (Binary and
Source) for "http://ppa.launchpad.net/jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer/ubuntu
raring main".  But how can I verify that the get_iplayer version I've
installed did indeed come from the ppa or if it's the one from the
standard repositories?

Andy