Cache Refresh

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Mar 17 12:40:37 EDT 2013

On Sun Mar 17 12:52:38 GMT 2013, Barry Caruth wrote:

>I manually refreshed the cache via the web interface with the tv and radio
>check boxes ticked. On the next run the PVR found and downloaded the
>program.
>After a bit of further testing it seems that "--refresh" and "--pvr" only
>refreshes the tv cache in my setup.
>Is there a preference I can set to always refresh both the tv and radio
>caches?

 Hi Barry!
 I do not use the PVR, I only manually invoke the CLI when I need to;
"--refresh" (or "-f", for short) always implies --type=tv and refreshes only
the tv cache when this is more than 4 hours old.
To refresh the radio cache you need type:

get_iplayer --type=radio -f

So, try adding "--type=radio --refresh" as a preference; if you want the tv
& radio caches to be always refreshed when a PVR search starts (i.e.
irrespective of their ages),
try adding "-f --force --type=radio -f --force"

Others, more knowledgeable, may step in for corrections/additions...

Regards,
Vangelis