Beebify

please_no_reply at beebify.com please_no_reply at beebify.com
Sat Mar 16 09:28:11 EDT 2013

I'd like to offer you a different approach to Beebhack in downloading
BBC shows: Beebify.com

Beebify is the simplest of all sites, loads instantly, nearly 1,700
current BBC shows at a glance, and features one-click downloads.
Currently in 'Stealth Mode' but fully operational (PC/laptop, not yet
mobile/tablet), Beebify.com is scheduled to launch on 1 April 2013.

Pair Beebify with Hola.org's (still in beta) free unBlocker for
Windows, the promising new peer2peer network facilitating BBC access,
and this is a very simple solution to downloading and watching BBC
shows from anywhere in the world.

The server side of Beebify's architecture was designed on the pemise
that it must access the BBC servers in the same manner as any other
user, giving the BBC the option of blocking every one of its users
including Beebify - or blocking no one.

The website (client) side of Beebify respects the shortcomings of
BBC's DRM system by allowing the easily downloaded files to be played
in Windows Media Player from anywhere in the world - by utilising
Hola.org's unBlocker, another proxy or a VPN solution.  Important in
the design was making Beebify simple enough for a computer novice to
use.

Watching TV used to be a shared social experience, and our hope is
that Beebify with its simple downloading will encourage viewers to
form groups where files downloaded by one person are then shared
locally - thus considerably reducing bandwidth for the BBC servers and
for viewers' own Internet pathway.

This a admittedly a departure from the Beebhack approach - and we
welcome you to check it out at www.beebify.com

Adam,
Beebify's nerd team