Re: Radio 1 webcam: what's th­e correct mode now?

Имя отправителя писем riga at pisem.net
Sun Mar 3 13:30:49 EST 2013

Hello,
it's been a week an the stream is live,
this is what you've suggested to do:

>From above, this URL:
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/bbc_radio_one_video_live
>
> should return the parameters for the webcam stream (what you would see
> with --streaminfo for an iPlayer programme).  If it doesn't, something
> may be wrong with the BBC metadata.  At the moment, it returns this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><mediaSelection
> xmlns="http://bbc.co.uk/2008/mp/mediaselection"><error
> id="notavailable"/></mediaSelection>
>
> But that is no doubt because the stream is off-line at the moment.  I
> think you'll need to do any checks while the stream is live.  There is
> no way to check it after it goes off-line.

well, erm, the stream is live just now but the result from the mediaselector URL is just the same as above.
get_iplayer output has changed though, it can select the stream, but then:

INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2 modes wi
ll be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record livetv:  -
INFO: File name prefix = BBC_Radio_1_Live_Video_2013-03-03_182414

RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
WARNING: You haven't specified an output file (-o filename), using stdout
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

we'll need to try something else then.
Any chance BBC mediaservers started to reject the useragent string used by get_iplayer?