Cache deleted

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:07:46 EDT 2013

On 28/06/2013 15:27, Arthur Murray wrote:
> I don't know how it would affect others. If one channel like BBC One
> doesn't refresh then I still wouldn't want my cache purged of all BBC
> One pids only to have them all show up as new again at the next
> successful refresh (which is done several times per day on my system).
>   It is very frustrating to see old programs as new in the PVR cgi and
> then have to try to pick the new ones out, so I'll use the patch
> locally.

If you change your mind, submit something.  To make it work the way you
want - which seems like the right way to do it - would require a little
extra work, I think.  Instead of halting a refresh on the failure of any
single channel to load, you could collect a list of the failed channels
and copy all the entries for those channels from old cache to new cache,
thus retaining as much current data possible and preserving timestamps
until the problem channels can be refreshed.