Uninstallation

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 06:58:15 EDT 2013

On 27/06/2013 11:18, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> "J K.Eason" <john at jeason.cix.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Yes. It appeared, but no one has answered. I suspect it wouldn't be
>> possible though because that information isn't available from iPlayer to
>> my knowledge.
>
> It is available on the BBC website, if you expand the information about a
> specific programme - normally it shows the first transmission date as well
> as the recent one.

That information isn't available in the programme listing feeds used by
get_iplayer.  You have to download all metadata for a programme to get
that first broadcast date, and it is impractical for get_iplayer to do
that for thousands of programmes every time the cache is refreshed.
Even with the first broadcast date, you have some decisions to make.  Is
the Saturday repeat of the previous Sunday's Classic Serial a repeat?
Technically yes, but it is the same asset as far as iPlayer is
concerned.  The BBC's metadata vocabulary has terms to denote a
programme as a first broadcast or a repeat, but the former is seldom
used and latter is never used AFAICT.  They would be no help anyway,
since those terms are not part of the listing feeds, either.